Sunday, June 6, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Today's Flea Market Finds come from the Sunday Best Jumble Sale that happens bi-monthly over at the fab Captains of Industry in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. I'm glad I found out after attending that there was a bake-off today or I would have been extra gutted about my present lack of oven situation. Come 1st August I will be presenting a tasty entry if there is another competition!

And the sugar said to the machine 'You spin me right round baby right round'

There are lots of vintage wears to peruse at the jumble; cakes and finger sandwiches if you please; live music and fairy floss to boot! Word on the street is that the next one will be taking over the lane behind Captains with some hot looking cars and more music - huzzah!

My purchases today are both a little bit country, but not too western and were a bargain for $10. The long sleeve ruffled blouse will be perfect under overalls or a pinafore and the little dress won't have to wait long as I will be debuting it in Thailand next week. Whoever said redheads can't wear red was wrong!

If you go over to Sophie's place you will see loads more Flea Market Finds from this weekend and here are some cakes for you to try if you have a bake-off coming up.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Snooze said...

you found such wonderful clothing ... i am terrible at that. sheets are more my thing and I'd love to be better at findg clothes.
My Flea Market Find

What's For Tea? said...

Hi Susan!

I think the trick is to know what suits you and then you can find clothes anywhere.

I would never even think to look for sheets! You certainly have some lovely ones in your finds :)

Unknown said...

Oh you made it to the jumble sale; looks so much fun! Next time I will go, this time it clashed with the Mornington Ladies market. Nice shirt Anth. Have fun in Thai.

xx

Sleekit said...

Cute shirt lady!

Sleekit x

What's For Tea? said...

If the fashionistas are complimenting the shirt it must be a goodie! Thanks lovely ladies x

Next Sunday Best Jumble will be 1st August. See you there!

Join Our Group On Facebook

What's For Tea? on Facebook