Sunday, November 7, 2010

Flea Market Finds

This week's finds were part of a giant haul that I found at the Sacred Heart Op Shop just up the road from the fab Dr Jekyll. I took Mr Tea for lunch there after raving about their chicken sandwiches and top-notch service. His verdict? "I could definitely see myself coming here again." Indeed!

For one lobster (that's $20 for those of you that don't live in 'Stralia) I managed to pick up: 6 gorgeous yellow tea cups (I left the saucers behind because they were blue and yucky); a wooden kitchen chair for my friend The Snake who is collecting a mismatched set for his kitchen (it came with complimentary bird poo); and a an old fashioned soda syphon to add to my ever-growing collection of glassware (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open it).

The syphon is from the Boon Spa company which according to the googles used the Muir's Spring out near Daylesford up until 1998 to bottle to water. According the bay of Es it is worth about $30 and even though the bottle states it "...always remains the property of Boon Spa" I believe in the credo "finders keepers" so it's mine now!

Head over to Her Library Adventures for more fab finds. I'm heading out west for the last lamb shanks of the year...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Join Our Group On Facebook

What's For Tea? on Facebook