Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gezza's Dense Chocolate Cake - $ - 1

Some people find it a little odd that I don't call my mum, 'Mum'. I used to when I was little, but as I got older I was lucky enough that we became friends, so it just felt natural to call her by her actual name. Which if I told you what it actually is, she'd probably disown me. So let's just say I call her Gez. Because I do.

This cake can be filled with cream, covered in icing, dusted in icing sugar or a combination of all three.


It's super fine on its own though, so you decide.

Ingredients

125gm butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 tbs cocoa powder
2 eggs
200ml sour cream (light is fine, but with this much sugar and butter, is it really going to make a difference?)
2 1/2 cups plain flour
2tsp bicarb
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 180C degrees and grease a large cake tin.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
Add the cocoa and mix through, then add the sour cream and mix through.
Add the eggs one at time, mixing well between each one.
Sift in the flour and bicarb and mix well.
Add the water and mix well, be very careful it doesn't splash up and burn you. Make sure you scrape down all the dry ingredients from the sides to combine.
Pour batter into cake tin and cook for 55-60 minutes.
Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before tipping onto a wire rake to cool completely.
Dress as you see fit.

Enjoy! (Thanks mum x)

No comments:

Join Our Group On Facebook

What's For Tea? on Facebook