Monday, January 25, 2010

The Cookbook Challenge Week 10 - Cool - Cocktail - 1 - $$

As I was hosting a Mexican themed dinner party over the weekend I thought the perfect recipe for the 'Cool' Cookbook Challenge would be Pineapple, Mango & Tequila cocktails, courtesy of Curtis Stone.

As I was hosting a Mexican themed dinner party over the weekend and we were drinking Pineapple, Mango & Tequila cocktails, I forgot to photograph the finished product.

This recipe serves 4 and comes from the September 2009 issue of delicious magazine.

Ingredients
1 cup roughly chopped fresh pineapple
1 ripe mango, chopped
250ml orange juice
125ml tequila
Ice cubes, mint leaves and lime wedges to serve

Whizz the pineapple, mango, orange juice and tequila in a blender until smooth. Curtis says to strain the liquid through a fine sieve and serve these drinks over ice. I couldn't bear to turf all the lovely fruit so my cunning friend Kym suggested we put the ice in with the ingredients and blend together.
What we ended up with was a very fluffy drink, similar to a daiquiri, that we garnished with mint.
Our version ended up like a boozy meal in a glass, so perhaps Curtis was onto something with the straining.

If you're going to have a crack at making this drink, try and do it before the end of January, then you can have a crack at FebFast and abstain during the shortest month of the year as well as raise some money and awareness.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Cathie said...

just wanted to pop by & say a BIG thank you again for the wonderful giveaway!
received cravat-a-licious today & I am looking forward to sitting down & enjoying it.

Agnes said...

Hehee, I don't blame you for forgetting to photograph the finished cocktail! Sounds like a super summery drink.

Rilsta said...

It sounds like an awesome cocktail!

Hey, is that a limited edition tequila? I noticed that it was clear & saw the label. I normally buy that brand but it's always the brown version.

What's For Tea? said...

Cathie - you're very welcome!

Agnes - we were having so much fun and I was a little tipsy so no pics woops!

Rilsta - not a limited edition but the 'silver' version. Most bottle shops don't stock it but Dan Murphys do for sure. I'm not a massive tequila fan so this is a little cleaner in taste.

Cherrie Pie said...

Great post! I love mango and pineapple. There's no better way than to mix them up with alcohol.

What's For Tea? said...

Oh thanks Cherrie! The summer fruits are just too divine at the moment to throw away which is why we ended up with tequila smoothies! Not all bad though ;)

penny aka jeroxie said...

I love a fruity cocktail. YUm!

Ange said...

sounds right up my alley, pefect for a summers night

Join Our Group On Facebook

What's For Tea? on Facebook